writing on the edge

Thursday Thirteen Shadows Style
Monday, March 26, 2007


The Century Project opened up a can of worms for me. I both loved, hated, and wondered at the pictures there. It did, however, spawn a not too positive thought process for me.

Would I ever, ever, ever let someone take a nude photo of me?

Noooooooooo. So, the Thursday Thirteen is in honor of the courage all those women had and my cowardice.



Thirteen Reasons I Will Never Pose Nude Shadows Of Passion


1…. The ten pounds the camera adds

2. The forty pounds the camera doesn't add but is there anyway.

3. The whole ugly Miss America debacle. (Could I lose my precious book contracts if they find out I posed nude? LOL)

4. The lack of perky boobs. (Remember the joke that Ron White tells? I can roll them up after you see 'em)

5. Cellulite. Enough said.

6. "Mommy, why are you nakee in those pictures?" Again, enough said.

7. The thought that any of my ex-boyfriends may see them. (I'm vain. I'll admit it.)

8. My mother. Enough said. Definitely enough said.

9. My five foot nine, 120 pound sister. Do I need to elaborate here?

10. My husband might think it sets a precedence. "Honey, we could make a load of money on the internet if you and Michelle pose TOGETHER. I'll take the pictures."

11. I still have to drop my children off at school people.

12. What would I do with my hands?

13. Um, really, I'm not doing it for your sake. I promise.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



-------------------------------------

14 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

HILARIOUS!! I'm dying laughing at your list...

7:38 AM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

I totally forgot that the 13 was what was going on this week here.. :blush: So many tugs in different directions.

I'm going to see if I can do one for tomorrow.... What on earth do I talk about? :blink:

1:59 PM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

www.dianasmeetingplace.blogspot.com

3:53 PM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Oh my gosh, Jen. That is too funny!

4:10 PM  
Blogger P. Robinson said...

I love this list Jennifer. Great topic! Ron White is hilarious. And you just never know who would see those photos do you???

http://kissesfromkissa.blogspot.com

3:21 AM  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

All valid reasons. Did you ever see that movie about the English ladies who posed nude for a calendar? Hilarious and ultimately very tasteful photos. Maybe when I'm 70 I'll give it a shot.

http://bernadettegardner2.blogspot.com/

4:41 AM  
Blogger Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Giggle! Great list!!!

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"9. My five foot nine, 120 pound sister. Do I need to elaborate here?"

OMG. I have one of those, too. Except the shrimp is only five foot eight.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Great list and I agree with everything you said!!

I have to wonder though if I'd feel different if I were 5'9 and 120 lbs? Maybe then I'd want everybody to see me nekkid!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO!!! I can totally agree with your list and add one of my own...I'm pregnant and don't look as good as Demi Moore that way.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at number 2 and 12. Great list!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

OMG, what would I do with my hands *snerk*. You're hysterical.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Yeah, I could just hear it now... "The PTO president posed naked! She should resign!" Good thing I'm not running for a board position next year - not that I'd have the guts to pose nude. I still have a mother around, too!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Dayna_Hart said...

#14. I might have to look at the damn photo myself at some point *shudder*

Great list, Jen.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |