writing on the edge

What do you know about it?
Wednesday, February 07, 2007

So, I was writing a scene the other day about my characters in a gun fight. People get shot; there's blood, death, bad mojo, etc.

One of the things I describe is the smell and feel of firing a gun. I know these things because my dad, grandad, uncle, and brother are military. Or they were. Don't ask me how family reunions are since they were ALL IN DIFFERENT BRANCHES OF THE ARMED FORCES. And they all think their branch is the best one and the other ones suck. You can picture how this goes down, but I digress.

Anyway, dad insisted I learn how to use a weapon. A handgun and a rifle and a shotgun. All in different calibers. So, I've shot a lot of guns. Not as many as all of the military people have, but more than average. I KNOW what it feels like to hold one, shoot one. How your body reacts to the force of of the gun's recoil.

What do other people do who don't know that? I wonder...
-------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

I don't know what they do. I learned how to shoot, so I'm pretty familiar with it.
But somethings I don't have a clue. Like how does it feel to be shot. I'm not willing to do the personal "hands on research" for that one.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |