writing on the edge

Nightmares and Dreamscapes...not just a book by Stephen King
Thursday, February 01, 2007

I know, I shouldn't say bad things about blogger on one of their blogs, but could it be any pickier? This week has been a nightmare to get on. I'm here, though, with my usual rambly post.

Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

I'm one of those people who has always dreamed. Vividly. And I often remember my dreams. Vividly. Some of my best stories as a child came from those dreams and nightmares I didn't want to remember. Or ones I'd guided myself to dream, because reality so often sucked.

I have to say this still influences what I write...I like the ethereal feeling of things that happen in the 'half wake' stages of my brain. I like mixing the real and the imagined in weird mosaics so that what I write seems like it could happen, even if part of a reader's brain is well-aware it can't.

The weird thing is, since I started writing, my dreams have gotten less. Less vivid. Less often. Less memorable.

I'm curious to hear from other writers: do you dream?
And for readers, have you ever read a book that encapsulates that 'dreaming' kind of feel? Alice in Wonderland, for me, is close, but doesn't have the fuzzy edges a dream often has.
-------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |