writing on the edge

Making Hard Choices
Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The past month or so has been a wicked, wicked month. I've been in and out of doctor's offices, trying (and failing miserably) to promote two new e-books, and dealing with a lot of community and personal stress. I've had to take a look at certain things in my life very closely--and I've made some hard realizations and decisions. It wasn't easy to recognize that a dream of mine that I have loved and put a lot of energy and effort into these past few years has ended up detrimental to me.

I'd been beating my head against a brick wall for two years. That's bound to cause stress--and I can't handle stress these days without flaring my fibro and skyrocketing my blood pressure. So over the past month, I've been asking myself: "Is it really worth it to continue?"

It's possible things could turn around, but after two years, that's not a realistic expectation when it's dependent upon other people working together and paying it forward. Ultimately, I have to do what's right for me and my writing... so I walked away and left that dream for dead. It wasn't any easy choice to make, and part of me is still sad that it couldn't work. I guess you could call it a period of mourning.

Have any of you ever had to make a difficult choice that you knew, at heart, was the best thing? How did you deal with it?

-------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

Absolutely. I reached a point where I had way too many things going on and I had to give up something. I had too many responsibilities and something had to give.
I gave up something that I loved, but I just wasn't doing the job. It was the best thing I ever did, though the decision process was painful.
I can relate.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |