writing on the edge

How Many Is Too Many?
Sunday, February 18, 2007


In my last post, I mentioned Mrs. Giggles. One of the things she mentioned last week was about the number of books an author will put out. Then, there was the whole discussion about different publishing houses.
I'm wondering, now that I have two more contracts, how many releases is too many? Personally, I get a little overwhelmed by the promotional chats and other requirements when I have releases close together. It's all part of the job and I enjoy it, but I can forget what I'm doing so easily.
How many books can one publish in a year without flooding the reader? I noticed that Nora Roberts had a sudden spurt and she's released four books in the last six months. That's too many for me and she's HUGE. How many books can a writer come out with and not annoy the reading public?
Discuss.
-------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Are they all new or are they re-releases? Nora's publishers regularly re-package and re-release her old books. Not to cast doubts on her nearly inhuman speed, but it makes her look a lot more prolific than she actually is.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |