writing on the edge

Real Life And Writing
Sunday, January 14, 2007

I've mentioned on my blog that personal stuff has been interfering with my writing. I mean, it's a little difficult to write a scintillating tale with EVERYONE in the room making their usual noise. Two toddlers playing tag up and down the hall, redneck hubby raging at the news and best friend cursing her computer. Not to mention the five dogs flitting in and out barking and whining depending on their mood.

Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Just when everything is clicking for me professionally, my real life goes haywire. So, the best thing I can do is think about the sucess I am having in my writing and let the real life happen.

With seven contracts and two submitted, I think I'm able to call myself an "author". If I focus on the positive, it's all going well. AND I used some of my bitchiness to create a character that I joyfully kill off later in the story. Absolute heaven. It's always nice to be able to exorcise my snarkiness in my writing.

On a fun note, I'm having a contest for my Valentine's Day release "Singled Out" with Cobblestone. My heroine is based on my best friend Michelle. I wrote her the happy ending she deserves. The contest is to send Michelle a Valentine's Day ecard to my email address, jenmckafg@hotmail.com. Make it funny, sweet, whatever. The one that she loves the most will be the winner of a $10 gift certificate from Cobblestone and a $10 gift certificate at the Wild Rose Press. Send Michelle a little love for this Hallmark holiday.

How do you exorcise your dark moods? Can you write and get them out?
-------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

See, I never get them out. Writing is like meditation for me. I escape the world into it. So no need to get rid of anything, cuz I'm not angry.

Zen, baby.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |