writing on the edge

Racing for the finish
Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So I'm writing my first single title, right? I'm LESS THAN 10K from the finish.

Allow me to take a moment and say this: WOO-FREAKING-HOO!!

Ahem.

Yes, it's very exciting. I've been beating my head against the wall about it for almost a week, squeaking out the necessary pages to make my word count. Why? Because I couldn't figure out that one, last shining golden piece of the puzzle that would make the story work.

Villain motivation.

Yeah, you'll hear me preach about this because I think it's essential. Villains should not be flat. They need the same goals, motivation, and conflict as the hero and heroine. You may not develop it to the same extent for the reader, but you better know what it is as a writer. I expect this as a reader...aren't you glad I'm not a hypocrit and expect it of myself as a writer?

Anyway, I'm barreling towards the finish on this and think I'll be done this week. Woot! Then it's polish, polish, polish and send it off into the world.
-------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

Hooray!!!!!!! I'm so glad. Now I won't have to hear you complain so darn much. LOL. I'm kidding.
Nothing drives me crazier than a villian with no motivation. He's not bad, I just wrote him that way. *rolls eyes*. I have the same problem.
Congrats baby. This one is going to rock.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Dayna_Hart said...

YAY

Congratulations, Crystal.

And yknow how I feel about villains...half the time I like 'em better than the hero ;)

And Morgan is evil. EEEVIL. I'm glad you're giving her reason to be.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |