writing on the edge

Writing in the void
Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I have nothing to say today.

Yeah. I know it sounds weird coming from the uber chatty, sometimes catty, hairy-scary me. But, there you go.

I got nothing.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Sigh. That's sort of how my writing has felt like lately. I'm just typing and hoping it turns out okay. Jen and Dayna have been reading my stuff over lately and they say it looks good, but I'm just blindly feeling my way along. I'm not certain what's going on. Maybe it's the lack of deadline. I don't have anything pressing to write right now. Nothing is DUE in 2-3 weeks, which is sort of how my last six months have gone.

"I'm done with this. Okay, next project. Due date: yesterday. Best get to work."

I've tried giving myself deadlines in hopes of flogging myself into motivation, but it ain't working. Maybe I should take the rest of the month off. It is the holidays, after all.

Last time I tried to take a week off, I made it three days before I was crawling the walls and broke down to start writing again. It was the thought that counted, right?
-------------------------------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been working your butt off. It's not like taking time off for you is going to turn into years of time off.
Hang in there, darlin'. Your fans won't let you relax for too long, but you have to take care of yourself.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |