writing on the edge

Revisiting the Past and Looking to the Future
Tuesday, December 26, 2006

We near the end of 2006, and the New Year is on the horizon. It's almost cliché (who am I kidding? It is) to look back at the happenings of the year, and towards the next.

I've learned a lot about myself this year. I discovered the roots of my years-long writing block, and though I still struggle with it, knowing what it is I fight makes me all the stronger. I've been published with three different e-publishers, though my experiences have run the gamut. On the personal front, I've been betrayed by someone who I thought loved me as much as I loved her, I've lost someone as dear as a mother to me, and I've gotten married.

It's been one hell of a year.

I've made a lot of realisations, and I can't stop now. I have to keep moving. I don't make "resolutions" for the New Year, because those almost always fall flat. I have goals, but I don't know if I'll succeed in them. When dealing with almost disabling health issues, nothing is certain.

In 2007, I want to continue to pursue my writing career. My novel, Stronger than the Night, is half-rewritten. I want to finish it and start the agent hunt. I want to continue the Shadowguard series; I want to write the sequel to A Passion Draconic; I want to finish Wings of Steel; I want to finish The Reaper's Price.

Most of all, I want to keep moving forward. I'm still trying to find my "groove." Hopefully, I can find it in 2007.

What realisations have you made in '06? What do you hope to achieve in the coming year?
-------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the resolutions front. I'm horrible at them. I have "goals", one of which is to be submit to Nocturne this year. Resolutions... I don't have time to lie to myself.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I realized that my goal of being an author was attainable. I'm so grateful.
I also realized that it doesn't matter what I go through, other authors understand and sympathize. It helps a lot.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |