writing on the edge

Oh, what to do....
Friday, November 24, 2006


To relax??

Huh?

Okay, let me back up here. A friend's post got me thinking about what we do when we aren't working. Personally, if I'm not working, the list is very short for what I may be doing.

Cooking, laundry, eating, sleeping, reading, or I'm not at home. Seriously. That's a short list! I know it isn't good for me, and I know I'm bordering on being a workaholic, but I love what I do. At least I CAN say that about writing.

Working, by the way, is a long spectrum of small chunks of responsibility, so while I may not be writing ALL the time, I am doing something toward my career.

I am curious about how others relax though, when they are trying to ignore the writing gremlins and pressures of this career. Like I said, I read, but if I am really too burned out to think or see straight, I might crochet. I've completed three afghans this year, and I hand-make a lot of my promo items, like cards and bookmarks, so while I'm doing nothing, it still leans toward doing something for my writing. See? Even when I'm relaxing, I'm working. *sigh* I even feel extremely guilty when I'm not at home, when I should be working.

Do you ever feel that way? Do you feel like you have to be working?
-------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |