writing on the edge

Are Taking Breaks A Good Thing?
Monday, November 13, 2006

Last Thursday, in the midst of all the chaos that is my life, I took some time off. I spent the day doing non-writing, non-mommy things. On Friday, I left for a Convention for teenagers that I volunteer with every week. Picture it. Five girls ages twelve to twenty in a van with two adults, ages 38 and 50. Whew. I'm just glad I made it home alive.
Six hours of driving, several cups of coffee and late nights later, I managed to get myself a little "cold".
Now I'm kicking myself for taking a "break" from writing.
However, I know that taking a break is necessary for writers. Or Mommys for that matter.
Questions swirl around my head. "How long of a break? How much is too much? When do I know I'm not "taking a break" I'm stagnating?"
Maybe I'm the only one who worries about this stuff.
My question is this. Do you know how long to take a break?
-------------------------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

If I break for more than a few hours, I'm feeling guilty. A morning out of the house, and I'm going through withdrawals.

A long vacation... Probably wouldn't be safe with me. ;)

Hope you're feeling better! HUGS

7:58 PM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

I break when I need to and when I'm not on deadline. However, I never break long because I'm just a little OCD with my writing.

Feel better soon, hon!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Dayna_Hart said...

I tend to break more often than is really necessary, and take way too long to get back to work.

I'm working on it...

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |