writing on the edge

Who is your inspiration?
Friday, October 20, 2006


I ask because I have a hard time using anyone for inspiration, whether it's physical looks, character traits, or mannerisms. I've watched a few of those "How they made the movie" shows where they discussed the computer animation and mannerisms of the actors doing the voices themselves, and thought that was pretty neat. Hand motions, or facial expressions.

I envision those movements and tones, or reactions, but I can't put a real life face behind it as the basis. I know a lot of you use Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp and a ton of others for their male inspiration. I can't see it. I've always been a bad one to ask if someone is good looking or hot, because I've never thought physical beauty was all that important. A swan on the outside can be a real ass on the inside. Been there, have the t-shirt in memory of it.

So, do you write from a purely creative stand point? Are your characters completely or fractionally fictional? When you read, do you put a star's face on the main character to make them more human? Does the character have to be someone you do recognize to connect to them? Egads, that's a whole 'nother can of worms... :)
-------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |