writing on the edge

Paranormal action scenery
Thursday, October 05, 2006

So I like to kick a little butt in my books. Or at least my characters do. I'm more into a sedantary, writerly pasttime that involves more chair butt than kick butt. But I digress.

In addition to writing romantic suspense, I write paranormal and *cough* erotic romance. So, sometimes you have to throw some freaky stuff in your action scenes. Paranormal freaky, get your mind out of the gutter! Like if my heroine is a witch and she's cornered, should I get her out of a bad situation through her smarts or a well-timed flame ball?

Hmm...always something to ponder. You don't want the magic to make it too easy, but the paranormal should play a part in the whole book. So, it's a balancing act in every kind of paranormal action sequences. However, if it's paranormal creature on paranormal creature, it's SO on.

How do you like your paranormal action sequences? Lay on the paranormal or keep it light and have them use all their wits?
-------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. I like it all. I love the paranormal stuff though. And witches? LOVE it. So, ante up, Crystal. I want that witch story and you know "witch" one.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

I think the balance of paranormal to wits is very challenging to do. Because we all know if there's paranormal, the kick butt factor goes right through the roof.

I love using those elements though. And some times, a well... er.. placed.. Fireball is all you will ever need. *G*

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |