writing on the edge

Why do they keep me awake?
Friday, September 29, 2006


You know who... Those voices. The names without faces that pop up at midnight and won't leave me alone until two a.m.

Like Rory. He popped up last night and then wouldn't say another word. I kept trying to picture him, provided it was a he, but couldn't. I have no idea what he's trying to tell me about himself.

Then there's the stories I've been working on that have been swirling through the gray matter too. Like with Diego. How far can I run with that? I'd love to see a series out of it. Or Angie, who I've left alone to let bake and want to see finished. Or Aran, or Jordan... Or... Or... Well you see what I'm dealing with!!! Ugh!

It's really kind of funny. In any other person, this is considered pschitzophrania. In a writer's mind, it's just another day at the office. A very crowded office.

I have to admit though, since I started writing, I've really enjoyed it. Since I'm a SAHM, if I didn't have something other than a now 4-year-old child to keep me company... Insanity was really looking good there for a while. Now, I'm only half way there. I have my child to keep me company along with the voices in my head. One provides laughter and the others give me adult conversation.

Okay, now comes the fun. I KNOW I'm not the only one out there who hears voices, pictures people as detailed as if I'd met them personally. Who has been the most enigmatic character for you? Who was the one that grabbed and shook you until you groveled at his knees to write his story?

And if you're not a writer, what character have you read that just seemed so real, so visible to you, you still can name him, or her, and the traits that drew you to their story?
-------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you're not. Sometimes they get so loud I can't have a normal conversation. They tell me the story and then I have to get it down before it goes away.
They also get frustrating. My characters take trips I don't want them to and start falling in love before I'm ready for it.
Darn characters.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

LOL I know! *laughing* They are enough to drive me nuts some days...

Oh, heck, who am I kidding... ALL DAYS!!!!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Oh, I'd say Marcus was one of the most intriguing ones for me. He was dark, seductive... and very secretive.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

And WHO is Marcus... Hmmmm????
*winkwink*

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |