writing on the edge

Introduction of the Perpetually Late
Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Technically, I was supposed to post earlier Tuesday, but my power went out on Monday and I didn't get it back on till late Tuesday afternoon. Happy happy joy joy joy. I swear to gods, Fate's got it in for me. *sigh*

Anyway, introducing moi:

I'm Elisabeth Drake, though some of y'all may know me around the net as Nonny. I'm just your average kinky poly mostly lesbian non-theistic pagan weirdass goth writer chick. ^_^

What do I write? A plethora of things. I've written something in almost every genre at this point. But my primary focus is on fantasy and romance. Currently, I'm writing a paranormal romantic suspense series about Arielle, a witch working for the FBI, and her vampire partner, Jackson. I have two short stories about the characters out through Freya's Bower, and the first novella, The Twilight Deception, is forthcoming from Cobblestone Press.

I hate trying to introduce myself, so I hope this'll do. If anyone's got questions, however nosy, feel free to ask. :)
-------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Dayna_Hart said...

hee. Is that nosy comment directed any way in particular?
*batting lashes*

I'm a big fan of Arielle and Jackson, and look forward to future discussions on mixing rom-susp and the paranormal. I haven't done it yet, so I'm hoping for some tips...

Glad you're here. :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

Heya, Nonny. Personally I love your descriptions. *G*

And your story line is intriguing from the beginning. A witch AND a vampire? Never would have thought of that.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Nonny Blackthorne said...

Thanks, guys. :)

I originally started writing fantasy, so for me, mixing different elements like paranormal and romantic suspense (or the witch and the vampire) isn't an issue. I'm trying to go for something that's similar to the tone of the middle Anita Blake books (after the romantic plots started but before she turned into Slut-O-Matic). My biggest problem is keeping the external plot from dwarfing the romantic. LOL.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jackson!! One of my favorite characters. Go Nonny.
Great intro. So glad your power came back on.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |