writing on the edge

all about ME :)
Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Each of us at SoP got to choose our own avatars. Something we liked, something we'd want here to represent us, in lieu of actual photos of ourselves (how dull!)

This one was my choice, and my reasons for doing so really only became apparant during a conversation today with Jen. Jen said my writing is: lighter, more emotional with a very "nice" touch. Even when you're writing about Goblin ghosts.

And damned if she isn't right. Even when I'm writing about goblins, (or in this case, their ghosts) I just can't pull off a completely 'dark' feeling. I like humour with my suspense. I like those wry heroines who, in the midst of something truly horrific, have a flash of insight that leaves me laughing.

My poor avatar seems to be suffering the same fate. Isn't she cute? It's pretty hard to be dark, scary, kickass, and cute, all at once. I like to think, however, that she pulls it off.

Because if she can, then I can.

-------------------------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Palmero said...

You guys have a new blog. How did I miss this? It's cool! And your avatar's adorable.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do, honey, you do. You're the only one who can describe a goblin's guts and I'm not totally grossed out by it. Very impressive.
That avatar does fit you. Cute, but deadly.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

I agree with Jen. That Av is totally you! LOL

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Shades

Diana Castilleja
Elisabeth Drake
Dayna Hart
Crystal Jordan
Jennifer McKenzie


Our Publishers

Cobblestone Press
Forbidden Publications
Freya's Bower
Liquid Silver
Samhain Publishing
The Wild Rose Press


Our Books













Archives




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |